- Specific wavelengths are absorbed as light passes through a transparent gem or is reflected from the surface of an opaque gem.
- She whipped about, sending black curls dancing, and plastered her body to the thick layer of transparent material behind her.
- They were made of a transparent material that allowed the warriors to see inside.
- Despite his transparent attempt to slip this out unnoticed, he has to explain why he apparently broke the law.
- The entire ad is built around an entirely intentional and fairly transparent attempt to deceive viewers.
- His frantic attempts, transparent and pathetic, to remould himself into something he is not compromised his dignity.
- But it is too pat, and though he may joke about such transparent, easily reduced motivations, he clings too strongly to them.
- It is a broad issue, first of all, about culture, about having an open and transparent culture, and about changing that culture.
- Essentially, the conference founders are perfectly transparent and open about their perspectives, so I have only admiration for them in that regard.
- The council had taken a decision on the gas in the best interests of the county and it was done in an open, frank, professional and transparent way.
- However, so long as such activities are open and transparent, they will be subject to public scrutiny.
- If the companies decided that the Government was not playing a fair game with them, and felt that there was no open, fair and transparent procedure, they would go somewhere else, he said.
- Since the disk is practically not absorbing - that is, transparent for fluorescent radiation - we don't encounter the problem.
- Although the primordial plasma became transparent to photons after the universe cooled, the photons did not travel unhindered afterwards.
- A first planar electrode layer being transparent is disposed on an inner surface of the first substrate.
- The process is transparent to the user, who clicks on a link on the host site and is transported to a shopping site bearing the original site's branding.
- To the user this process is transparent, only the CPU knows in what order the instructions were actually executed.
- When the server is configured to handle a page redirection, the process is transparent to the user and causes no problems.
Late Middle English: from Old French, from medieval Latin transparent- 'shining through', from Latin transparere, from trans- 'through' + parere 'appear'.
Words that rhyme with transparentapparent, arrant
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.