- A flute that is held horizontally when played, e.g., the modern flute as opposed to the recorder.More example sentences
- Globally, transverse flutes are less common than end-blown or duct flutes.
- The Concerto in D for Traverso (a transverse flute) and the Suite in A Minor for Recorder, Strings, and Basso Continuo are among Telemann's most famous works.
- Some Indian bamboo transverse flutes have holes so far apart that they cannot be properly played by a Westerner.
More definitions of transverse fluteDefinition of transverse flute in:
- The British & World English dictionary