(also trap door)
Definition of trapdoor in English:
1A hinged or removable panel in a floor, ceiling, or roof.
- There's a trapdoor in the ceiling: the time capsule takes us up through it, and we're in the family's living quarters: the whole family gathered around the hearth.
- Luckily for our boys, it also has a trapdoor in the floor leading conveniently into a series of maintenance tunnels which are accessible through any manhole in Montreal.
- We had ascended the steep staircase and out through a narrow trapdoor on to the roof of the tower, high above the battlements of his creaking ancestral pile.
1.1A feature or defect of a computer system that allows surreptitious unauthorized access to data.
- Under polite questioning from the audience, he acknowledged that some closed-source commercial products have been found to have trapdoors themselves.
- Because the source code is available for all to see, secret or accidental trapdoors cannot hope to survive expert scrutiny by third parties.
Words that rhyme with trapdoorabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, squaw, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
Definition of trapdoor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan