Definition of trappings in English:
1The outward signs, features, or objects associated with a particular situation, role, or thing: I had the trappings of success
More example sentences
- Have you ever wanted to live in a rural setting, yet enjoy all trappings associated with living in the heart of the town?
- I've spent the last few years acquiring the trappings and signs of the middle class.
- However, it lacks most of the trappings usually associated with the genre.
1.1A horse’s ornamental harness.
- It also includes used animal trappings such as harnesses, saddles, halters, reins, rope and chain.
- Founded in Seville in 1892, El Caballo is a manufacturer of harnesses and leather trappings.
- We freed the horses from their trappings, and I went about setting up our camp.
late Middle English: derivative of trap2.