Definition of tree frog in English:
An arboreal frog that has long toes with adhesive disks and is typically small and brightly colored.
- Families Hylidae (of Eurasia, America, and Australia) and Rhacophoridae (of Africa and Asia): numerous species, including the common green tree frog (Hyla arborea) of southern Europe
- Rare species include the Pacific pond turtle, the California red-legged frog, the California newt, and the California tree frog.
- The frog was a whistling tree frog which had stowed away on board a flight from Australia.
- An astonishing variety of other creatures - a lizard, a snail, a tree frog, a moth, a bush cricket, as well as grasshoppers, cicadas, and wasps - are depicted in and around the flora.
Definition of tree frog in:
- British & World English dictionary