Definition of tree pipit in English:
A widespread Old World pipit that inhabits open country with scattered trees.
- Anthus trivialis, family Motacillidae
- The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.
- Of the woodland species, they are studying chaffinches, great tits, blackbirds, robins, jays, tree pipits, and others.
- Birds such as the tree pipit and spotted flycatcher showed declines of up to 70% in some areas.
Definition of tree pipit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia