- Each of a number of concentric rings in the cross section of a tree trunk, representing a single year’s growth.More example sentences
- The calendar year of the tree ring with the fire scar in it was then recorded as the fire date.
- At each sampling height, the whole cross-section was considered and no information about the individual tree ring distributions was available.
- A variety of approaches have been employed to resolve this problem, ranging from analyses of historical data, to tree ring and fossil pollen records, to modeling efforts.
More definitions of tree ringDefinition of tree ring in:
- The British & World English dictionary