Definition of tree shrew in English:
A small squirrellike insectivorous mammal with a pointed snout, native to Southeast Asia, especially Borneo.
- Family Tupaiidae and order Scandentia: several genera, in particular Tupaia; tree shrews were formerly placed with either the insectivores or the primates
- They proposed a monophyletic clade that includes primates, the tree shrew, the flying lemur, rabbit, and rodents.
- The mammals the researchers studied were the platypus, echidna, opossum, wallaby, hedgehog, mouse, rat, rabbit, cow, pig, bat, tree shrew, colugo, ringtail lemur, and humans.
- Group III contains many of the most studied mammals, including the primates, rodents, rabbits, and a tree shrew.
Definition of tree shrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan