Definition of tree snake in English:
A harmless arboreal snake, typically very slender and able to mimic a twig.
- Several genera in the family Colubridae, e.g., Dendrelaphis and Ahaetulla (of Asia), and Leptophis and Oxybelis (of America)
- It's as though the hood present on some cobras were extended along the entire length of the paradise tree snake's body.
- A green wine snake that was caught & a bronze tree snake that just escaped swiftly had the crowd excited for some time.
- It seemed to move and sway almost of its own free will, like a tree snake dangling from a branch.
Definition of tree snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.