Definition of tree snake in English:
A harmless arboreal snake, typically very slender and able to mimic a twig.
- Several genera in the family Colubridae, e.g., Dendrelaphis and Ahaetulla (of Asia), and Leptophis and Oxybelis (of America)
- It's as though the hood present on some cobras were extended along the entire length of the paradise tree snake's body.
- A green wine snake that was caught & a bronze tree snake that just escaped swiftly had the crowd excited for some time.
- It seemed to move and sway almost of its own free will, like a tree snake dangling from a branch.
Definition of tree snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan