Definition of treecreeper in English:
A small songbird with drab plumage and a down-curved bill that creeps around on the trunks of trees to search for insects. Compare with creeper (sense 2).
- ● A Eurasian and North American bird (Certhia, family Certhiidae, in particular the common C. familiaris). ● An Australasian bird (family Climacteridae and genus Climacteris).
- For every obvious crossbill, razorbill, greenfinch, woodpecker, warbler, treecreeper, swift or flycatcher there is a mysterious wigeon, garganey, gadwall, bittern, siskin, pipit, shrike or twite.
- Other victims have included young treecreepers and house sparrows.
- Food bars or fat hung up or rubbed into the bark of trees is a great help for treecreepers, goldcrests and many other species.
Definition of treecreeper in:
- British & World English dictionary