Definition of treehopper in English:
A tree-dwelling jumping bug that lives chiefly in the tropics. A tall backward-curving projection of the thorax gives the bug a thornlike appearance for camouflage.
- Family Membracidae, suborder Homoptera: species, including the bright green buffalo treehopper (Stictocephalus bisonia) of North America
- Female egg guarding occurs in a wide variety of insects, including lace bugs, stink bugs, cockroaches, and treehoppers.
- Additionally, results suggested that treehoppers benefit from ant attendance in ways other than protection from predators; tended treehoppers outperform untended treehoppers even with predators excluded.
- This indicated that treehoppers benefit from ants in ways other than receiving protection from predators.
Definition of treehopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.