Definition of treehopper in English:
A tree-dwelling jumping bug that lives chiefly in the tropics. A tall backward-curving projection of the thorax gives the bug a thornlike appearance for camouflage.
- Family Membracidae, suborder Homoptera: species, including the bright green buffalo treehopper (Stictocephalus bisonia) of North America
- Female egg guarding occurs in a wide variety of insects, including lace bugs, stink bugs, cockroaches, and treehoppers.
- Additionally, results suggested that treehoppers benefit from ant attendance in ways other than protection from predators; tended treehoppers outperform untended treehoppers even with predators excluded.
- This indicated that treehoppers benefit from ants in ways other than receiving protection from predators.
Definition of treehopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan