Definition of trialist in English:
1A person who participates in a trial, in particular.
- Neben, who has been on the podium in the last two years at this event, is also a strong time trialist with several impressive victories to her credit over the last few years.
- Veivers may give a run-out to new trialist Matt Mahoney from Crosfields.
- City fielded Australian trialist Dave Carney, who had a spell with Halifax last season after being freed by Everton.
1.1A person who takes part in a sports trial or motorcycle trial.
- I've played a few but quite often they are full of youth team players and trialists and not really the same as competitive football.
- It was a good work out for the regulars in the first-half but all eyes were on the triallists and goalkeeper Dean Wordsworth had a night to forget being beaten five times.
- But league rules on trialists meant he has been limited to only two reserve games.
1.2A person who takes part in a clinical or market test of a new product.
- Such a thought would be anathema to most clinical trialists.
- We believe that trialists need to report a minimum set of information.
- He helped build up interest in the site by giving away free trials and around two per cent of the trialists signed up for the annual £9.99 membership.
Words that rhyme with trialistviolist
Definition of trialist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India