Definition of trichomoniasis in English:
An infection caused by parasitic trichomonads, chiefly affecting the urinary tract, vagina, or digestive system.
- Genus Trichomonas, in particular T. vaginalis (in the reproductive tract) and T. hominis (in the large intestine)
- Chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes and trichomoniasis are sexually transmitted infections that can cause vaginal symptoms.
- The evidence is inconclusive, however, about whether condoms can prevent genital herpes, syphilis, chancroids, chlamydial infection, trichomoniasis, or gonorrhea (in women).
- Bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and candidiasis are the most common diseases associated with vaginal discharge.
Definition of trichomoniasis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.