- (Of wealth) gradually benefit the poorest as a result of the increasing wealth of the richest.More example sentences
- No longer applicable, then, is the old theory of material benefits trickling down to the poor as the economy flies.
- There is also some debate regarding the benefits of the reforms trickling down to the lowest strata of Indian society.
- Anything which trickles down wealth from board room to the worker must be applauded, as indeed must any scheme which encourages prudent investing and enables people to save tax.
More definitions of trickle downDefinition of trickle down in:
- The British & World English dictionary