- (Of an organic compound) having three fused rings of atoms in its molecule.More example sentences
- Quinacrine is a planar tricyclic compound with structural similarities to DMMB, yet it does not absorb red light.
- In addition, all methyl sulfone containing compounds in the tricyclic class are very poorly bioavailable.
- Clomipramine was equal to desipramine and both tricyclic agents were superior to placebo for amelioration of hyperactivity.
noun(usually tricyclics) Medicine Back to top
- Any of a class of antidepressant drugs having molecules with three fused rings.More example sentences
- However inspection of comparative studies in fall risk between SSRIs and tricyclics suggest these two antidepressant classes exhibit similar risks of fall.
- Over half of the prescriptions were for the class antidepressants known as tricyclics, while four out of 10 were for SSRIs.
- The most commonly prescribed antidepressant medications include the tricyclics and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
More definitions of tricyclicDefinition of tricyclic in:
- The British & World English dictionary