- (Of a vertebrate limb) having three toes or fingers.More example sentences
- The foot is functionally tridactyl, with digits II - IV bound together and largely functioning as a single unit.
- In the foot, the fifth toe was reduced to a single metatarsal, and the first toe was reduced and raised off the ground, leaving a functionally tridactyl foot.
- Ornithopod prints are nearly always tridactyl with three stout and broadly spreading toes so that the resulting footprint has the outline of a trefoil.
early 19th century: from tri- 'three' + Greek daktulos 'finger'.
More definitions of tridactylDefinition of tridactyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary