- 1The forefinger of the hand, as that with which the trigger of a gun is typically pulled.More example sentences
- The real manual safety is a small sliding catch on the right side of the frame, directly behind the trigger and operated easily - after a bit of practice - by the trigger finger of a right-handed shooter.
- The weapon's safety is located on the right side of the trigger guard and is easily manipulated via the trigger finger - if you're right handed.
- That's right: you can slide the trigger mechanism back and forth to adjust for the length of your trigger finger and your preferred pull weight.
- 2 Medicine A defect in a tendon causing a finger to jerk or snap straight when the hand is extended.More example sentences
- Faulty breathing, stage fright, cumulative trauma disorders, tendonitis, carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome, trigger finger and tennis elbow also are reviewed.
- The truly unfortunate will succumb to trigger finger.
- An often painful condition, trigger finger is caused by a narrowing of the sheath that surrounds the tendon in the affected finger.
More definitions of trigger fingerDefinition of trigger finger in:
- The British & World English dictionary