- (Of an alcohol) containing three hydroxyl groups.More example sentences
- Glycerol is a trihydric alcohol because it contains three hydroxyl or alcohol groups.
- Glycerol is a trihydric alcohol, which means each molecule has three hydroxyl groups.
- Alcohols have one, two, or three hydroxyl groups attached to their molecules and are thus classified as monohydric, dihydric, or trihydric, respectively.
More definitions of trihydricDefinition of trihydric in:
- The British & World English dictionary