- A plant with a solitary three-petaled flower above a whorl of three leaves, native to North American and Asia.
More example sentences
- Genus Trillium, family Liliaceae (or Trilliaceae): several species, in particular red (or purple) trillium (T. erectum)
- Another notable treat you will find in the park is a spectacular array of wild flowers like the trillium, bloodroot and liverwort.
- Underneath are Himalayan poppies Meconopsis, primulas and trilliums, many of them also collected from the wild.
- Under the trees are beloved clumps of hellebores, erythroniums, and trilliums.
modern Latin, apparently an alteration of Swedish trilling 'triplet'.
More definitions of trilliumDefinition of trillium in:
- The British & World English dictionary