Definition of trillium in English:
A plant with a solitary three-petaled flower above a whorl of three leaves, native to North American and Asia.
- Genus Trillium, family Liliaceae (or Trilliaceae): several species, in particular red (or purple) trillium (T. erectum)
- Another notable treat you will find in the park is a spectacular array of wild flowers like the trillium, bloodroot and liverwort.
- Underneath are Himalayan poppies Meconopsis, primulas and trilliums, many of them also collected from the wild.
- Under the trees are beloved clumps of hellebores, erythroniums, and trilliums.
Definition of trillium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan