Definition of trimer in English:
A polymer comprising three monomer units.
- Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.
- Fig. 4 compares the decay of the excited state for the native trimer and the solubilized monomer.
- These ions correspond in molecular weight to both trimers and tetramers.
- Example sentences
- In support of this, we have observed only dimeric, trimeric, and pentameric aggregates for the synthetic transmembrane domain of SARS protein E in SDS.
- For the serine variants, dimeric intermediates predominate after ice incubation, and the trimeric intermediates dissociate to monomers in the presence of reducing agent.
- The derived molecular weights were consistent with dimeric or trimeric peptide.
Definition of trimer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia