Definition of trimer in English:
A polymer comprising three monomer units.
- Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.
- Fig. 4 compares the decay of the excited state for the native trimer and the solubilized monomer.
- These ions correspond in molecular weight to both trimers and tetramers.
- Example sentences
- In support of this, we have observed only dimeric, trimeric, and pentameric aggregates for the synthetic transmembrane domain of SARS protein E in SDS.
- For the serine variants, dimeric intermediates predominate after ice incubation, and the trimeric intermediates dissociate to monomers in the presence of reducing agent.
- The derived molecular weights were consistent with dimeric or trimeric peptide.
Definition of trimer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.