A small ornament or item of jewelry that is of little value.
- She missed the little trinkets and jewellery that were on display from tabletops.
- Sam slipped her two silver trinkets onto her bracelet, looping the brown string through the hole in the centre of the coins.
- What if others were to discover the value of the trinket?
- Example sentences
- The film, because it is filmed without the help of Hollywood's big names and trinketry is absolutely and stunningly beautiful.
- Wearing khaki cargo pants and sandals, her neck was festooned with all manner of jungle trinketry, from stones and carved wooden gewgaws to a bright orange bandana.
- Gentrification has spruced up the colonial facades, traveling bands of vendors offer their trinketry, plump women in white turbans and fluffed skirts wait bored to pose for pictures.
Mid 16th century: of unknown origin.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.