Definition of triode in English:
1A vacuum tube having three electrodes.
- To prevent tube microphonics, the peanut-size triode is surrounded in foam and shock-mounted in a brass block.
- Circumstances changed dramatically in about 1925 when the new microphones and triode valve amplifiers introduced a few years earlier for radio broadcasting came into use.
- Vinyl records and valve amplifiers are for them, with the triode valve being the one most favoured.
1.1A semiconductor rectifier having three connections.
- The positive triode rectifier switch has the upper electrode as a cathode, the lower electrode as an anode, and the p-type semiconductor layer.
- The triode rectifier switch is simpler in the manufacturing process and lower in cost than a thin film transistor.
Definition of triode in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan