- Any of a group of monosaccharide sugars whose molecules contain three carbon atoms.More example sentences
- Since the pools of glycolysis intermediates are very low in plant cells in the absence of oxygen, it seems unlikely that MeG synthesis started at the level of hexoses (or trioses) phosphate.
- In nature, the function is performed by the enzyme triose phosphate isomerase.
- Carbon fixed during the day can be exported from the chloroplasts into the cytosol in the form of triose phosphates via the triose phosphate/phosphate translocator.
More definitions of trioseDefinition of triose in:
- The British & World English dictionary