- An early type of airplane with three pairs of wings, one above the other.More example sentences
- Yet, the greatest ace of the war chose the Fokker triplane, eventually losing his life in it.
- The film-makers have rounded up a fine-looking collection of biplanes and triplanes, which contributes to the authentic feel of the film.
- In 1920 the Army Engineering Division issued specifications for a large triplane bomber to the Witteman-Lewis Company of Teterboro, New Jersey.
More definitions of triplaneDefinition of triplane in:
- The British & World English dictionary