- A chemical bond in which three pairs of electrons are shared between two atoms.More example sentences
- To obtain filled valence shells on the atoms of nitrogen molecules, it is necessary to share three pairs of electrons, forming a triple bond.
- In common with other unsaturated hydrocarbons, the triple bond can be broken down with the addition of hydrogen, or a number of metals, to produce the appropriate metal salt.
- If three atomic orbitals on each of the two atoms overlap to form three molecular orbitals, a triple bond is formed.
More definitions of triple bondDefinition of triple bond in:
- The British & World English dictionary