- A technique in which alternate movements of the tongue are made (typically as in sounding ttk) to facilitate rapid playing of a wind instrument.More example sentences
- Double and triple tonguing permit the non-legato execution of more rapid passages of music and facilitate the repetition of notes far more rapidly than is possible with single tonguing.
- Articulations on both double and triple tonguing will vary from low register to high register.
- Learn to control double and triple tonguing for fast passages - especially on the trombone.
More definitions of triple tonguingDefinition of triple tonguing in:
- The British & World English dictionary