(also triquetral bone)
- A carpal bone on the outside of the wrist, articulating with the lunate, hamate, and pisiform bones.More example sentences
- In addition, some fibers join the trapezium and trapezoid with the scaphoid, others pass between the hamate and triquetral bones, and, finally, a separate band of the same ligament is joined to the pisiform bone.
- It comprises the carpal bones scaphoid, lunate, triquetral, trapezium, trapezoid, capitate and hamate.
- Plain radiographs revealed the presence of synostosis of the lunate and triquetral bones of the injured wrist.
mid 17th century: from Latin triquetrus 'three-cornered' + -al.
More definitions of triquetralDefinition of triquetral in:
- The British & World English dictionary