- A Celtic symbol consisting of three legs or lines radiating from a center.More example sentences
- According to Norse mythology, the triskelion was a symbol of the movement of the sun through the heavens.
- The cauldron-triple spiral triskelion in my masthead is a Celtic symbol of the 3-fold aspect of the Sacred Feminine - as maiden, mother and crone.
- Boars, hounds, triskelions, and gem inlays figure in Celtic metalwork from the early Iron Age to the end of distinctly Celtic forms.
mid 19th century: from tri- 'three' + Greek skelos 'leg'.
More definitions of triskelionDefinition of triskelion in:
- The British & World English dictionary