- A rare form of color-blindness resulting from insensitivity to blue light, causing confusion of greens and blues. Compare with protanopia.More example sentences
- Protanopia, deuteranopia and tritanopia are all types of dichromatism.
- Sometimes tritanopia occurs due to disease, because the short wavelength cone is more fragile than the other cone types.
- With tritanopia, the person is deficient in blue and yellow perception, although he is still sensitive to red and green.
More definitions of tritanopiaDefinition of tritanopia in:
- The British & World English dictionary