noun (plural tritocerebra /-brə/)Entomology
- The third and hindmost segment of an insect’s brain.More example sentences
- In crustaceans, the deutocerebrum and tritocerebrum feed nerves into the primary and secondary antenna respectively.
- Mutation and overexpression of labial result in altered homeotic gene expression in the tritocerebrum.
- The protocerebrum possesses optic centers and optic nerves, while the tritocerebrum contains the nerves which supply the chelicerae.
More definitions of tritocerebrumDefinition of tritocerebrum in:
- The British & World English dictionary