Definition of triune in English:
Consisting of three in one (used especially with reference to the Trinity): the triune Godhead
More example sentences
- As we shall see, each inflection of the triune name identifies all three persons of the Trinity.
- Conversely, when Christians read the Scriptures in a way that permits the theological inflection of the triune name to drop out of consideration or awareness, the identity of the divine persons is illuminated in a one-sided way.
- The christological inflection of the triune name is the familiar formula ‘the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.’
- Example sentences
- This suggests that the centrality of God's triunity goes beyond the doctrine of God.
- Not only is the plurality of God found in the Old Testament, but the members of the triunity are also defined.
- God is not an isolated, motionless ‘being’ - he is not a static unity, but a dynamic triunity.
Pronunciation: /trīˈyo͞onitē/noun (plural triunities)
Definition of triune in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan