- A ship designed or used for transporting troops.More example sentences
- His frigate served initially as a troopship in the 1801 operations, before assuming the role of a hospital ship.
- Had one of our aircraft-carriers or troopships been sunk before the troops got ashore, British forces would have been in deep trouble.
- Ship casualties would have been higher if bombs had burst on impact, and British prospects would have been poor if troopships rather than warships had been lost.
More definitions of troopshipDefinition of troopship in:
- The British & World English dictionary