noun• informal • derogatory
- A young, attractive wife regarded as a status symbol for an older man.More example sentences
- And when they hit 50, biology kicks in, propelling the greying Lotharios to either fall back in love with their wives or start over again with a younger trophy wife.
- She's a young trophy wife, and owes money to a pornographer, and is also involved with a group of German nihilists.
- Stock characters, such as the lazy, donut-eating cop, the money-hungry trophy wife, and the patronising aristocrat are over-inflated to the point of explosion, thus rendered harmless.
More definitions of trophy wifeDefinition of trophy wife in:
- The British & World English dictionary