- A globular protein complex involved in muscle contraction. It occurs with tropomyosin in the thin filaments of muscle tissue.More example sentences
- Actin, myosin, and troponin and tropomyosin were isolated from rabbit back muscle.
- The tropomyosin and troponin proteins on the actin filament provide the switch.
- The addition of regulatory proteins, troponin and tropomyosin, is known to increase the sliding speed of thin filaments in the in vitro motility assay.
More definitions of troponinDefinition of troponin in:
- The British & World English dictionary