Definition of trough shell in English:
A burrowing marine bivalve mollusk with a thin, smooth shell.
- Family Mactridae: Spisula and other genera
- Other bivalves you are likely to see are: tellin, mussel, razor, trough shell, and sand gapers.
- Mactridae, also known as surf or trough shells or duck clams, is a family of marine bivalve clams of the order Veneroida.
- Fauna and fauna include live cockles, trough shells, carpet shells and tellins.
Definition of trough shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.