- Common-law action to recover the value of personal property that has been wrongfully disposed of by another person.More example sentences
- Here it is plain that the full value had not been recovered on the count in trover; the value of the goods mentioned in that action was 7000l, the verdict 1500l, to which sum the verdict on the other counts was necessarily limited.
- The plaintiffs brought an action against the defendants in trover in respect of indigo warrants.
- In an action for trover, the company would be the proper plaintiff, would it not?
late 16th century: from an Anglo-Norman French noun use of Old French trover 'to find'.
More definitions of troverDefinition of trover in:
- The British & World English dictionary