Definition of trumpeter swan in English:
A large migratory swan with a black and yellow bill and a honking call, breeding in northern North America.
- Cygnus buccinator, family Anatidae
- The trumpeter swan, largest and rarest of the world's eight swan species, was once a common nesting bird in north, west, and central North America.
- And in Wisconsin conservationists fear efforts to reintroduce the trumpeter swan could be undermined by the presence of its larger, more aggressive cousin.
- The white form below us was not a rock but one of the most beautiful and graceful of creatures, the trumpeter swan.
Definition of trumpeter swan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan