- An important main road used for long-distance travel.More example sentences
- One of the options they hope the study would look at is upgrading the trunk road to dual carriageway all the way from York to Scarborough.
- Later, a van was blown into the central reservation on the trunk road's eastbound carriageway.
- This may be the case but the onus is on the developer to provide suitable mitigation to address any impact on the trunk road and local road networks.
More definitions of trunk roadDefinition of trunk road in:
- The British & World English dictionary