- A hard wooden pin used for fastening timbers together.More example sentences
- The timbers are often cut and dressed by hand, jointed and interlocked in the traditional way, and fastened throughout with wood pegs called trunnels, or ‘tree nails.’
- We have used tree nails (trunnels) for frame fixing, stone ballast, and hand made rope stropped blocks.
- Surprisingly to me, the old bridge didn't have trunnels, it was all bolted.
More definitions of trunnelDefinition of trunnel in:
- The British & World English dictionary