noun• informal , chiefly US
- A person or agency employed to enforce antitrust legislation.More example sentences
- And while the company has extended an olive branch to trustbusters, holding preliminary talks on July 23, it doesn't appear to be willing to make any concessions that would reduce its power.
- To fix this problem, trustbusters have installed a provision forcing the company to disclose more information about its so-called application programming interfaces, or APIs.
- Europe's trustbusters are coming down hard, too.
More definitions of trustbusterDefinition of trustbuster in:
- The British & World English dictionary