(also czarina or tzarina)
- An empress of Russia before 1917.More example sentences
- Whenever political theorists looked for a contemporary example of such a government, their eyes fell upon either the Ottoman sultans or the Russian tsars and tsarinas.
- The authors of the subsequent essays then use these factors, to varying degrees, to discuss a particular period of development of the Russian military forces under the tsars (and tsarinas).
- Although the rulers of the empire were formally called emperors, they were still popularly referred to as tsars or tsarinas.
More definitions of tsarinaDefinition of tsarina in:
- The British & World English dictionary