- A surgical procedure for female sterilization that involves severing and tying the fallopian tubes.More example sentences
- A tubal ligation is a surgical sterilization technique for women in which the fallopian tubes are closed or tied.
- The surgeon also completed a tubal ligation during the procedure.
- Operations on women are commonly called tubal ligation, as the procedures aim to occlude or ‘ligate’ the Fallopian tubes.
More definitions of tubal ligationDefinition of tubal ligation in:
- The British & World English dictionary