Definition of tube-nosed bat in English:
An Old World bat with tubular nostrils.
- ● A fruit bat found chiefly in New Guinea and Sulawesi (genus Nyctimene, family Pteropodidae). ● An insectivorous Asian bat (genus Murina, family Vespertilionidae).
- We have all 4 species of Australian flying foxes in permanent care, as well as tube-nosed bats and microbats.
- At night tube-nosed bats feed on soft fruits and nectar, while either hovering in front of the blossoms or climbing among flower clusters.
- The tube-nosed bats have laterally directed, tube-like nostrils, of uncertain function
Definition of tube-nosed bat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia