Definition of tubercular in English:
1Of, relating to, or affected with tuberculosis: a tubercular kidney
More example sentences
- In acute miliary tubercular mastitis breast disease is a part of a generalized miliary tuberculosis.
- In conclusion, PCR can be used as an additional test for detecting M. tuberculosis in patients with tubercular pleuritis because conventional methods have low sensitivity.
- A separate section of pyogenic, tubercular and brucella infection of the spine is included.
1.1 Biology & Medicine Having or covered with tubercles.
- All 8 patients of tubercular breast abscess responded to repeat aspiration in conjunction with ATT.
- Pearl used statistical methods to determine whether tubercular lesions found during these autopsies were correlated with cancer.
- A tubercular growth center of appropriate size could produce a simple barb-like element, with cortex and medulla.
nounBack to top
A person with tuberculosis.
- The proof of the defendant showed that he was a tubercular and at the time of the trial was awaiting transportation to the tuberculosis sanitarium for treatment.
- In the mythology, 'the dying tubercular is pictured as made more beautiful and more soulful'.
Definition of tubercular in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan