- An alloy of gold and copper commonly used in pre-Columbian South and Central America.More example sentences
- There is evidence suggesting the transfer of tumbaga took place, and at a later date possibly brass technology.
- Many of the coppery-colored tumbaga castings were then gilded and burnished to restore their golden appearance.
- Many Spanish conquerors were fooled by depletion gilded tumbaga, believing it to be gold.
1930s: from Spanish, from Malay tembaga 'copper, brass'.
More definitions of tumbagaDefinition of tumbaga in:
- The British & World English dictionary