- (Of a musician) adjust one’s instrument to the correct or uniform pitch: we could hear the band tuning upMore example sentences
- The backstage area at the club is filled with a discordant mix of musicians tuning up and trams for the Disneyland concourse whizzing by.
- In between the dance numbers and while the musicians were tuning up and the dancers changing shoes; you could indulge in some celebrity spotting.
- Musicians in Swindon are tuning up.
More definitions of tune upDefinition of tune up in:
- The British & World English dictionary