Definition of tunnel vision in English:
1Defective sight in which objects cannot be properly seen if not close to the center of the field of view.
- My biggest shock was I couldn't see properly, I had very blurred tunnel vision, and worse than that, I couldn't speak.
- Night blindness develops, usually in childhood, followed by loss of peripheral visual field, progressing over many years to tunnel vision and finally blindness.
- Now ultra-stubborn influences have subsided, symptoms of tunnel vision begin to dissipate.
1.1 informal The tendency to focus exclusively on a single or limited goal or point of view.
- While I understand that you are a more experienced writer, the tendency for this tunnel vision is a human one.
- A teacher, whether brutally domineering or gently insistent, is still capable of suffering tunnel vision, a limited perspective of which he or she may be quite unaware.
- They can suffer from terminal enthusiasm for their subject, with the complication of single-mindedness bordering on tunnel vision.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan