Definition of turbofan in English:
1A jet engine in which a turbine-driven fan provides additional thrust.
- The thrust of the two turbofan engines on underwing pylons would be uprated or derated to reflect the number of seats, allowing the same engine to be used on all three versions.
- Such turbine engines are also called jet engines and they embrace a family of products: turbojets, turbofans, and turboprops.
- They have also ordered two versions of Predator B with turbofan jet engines.
1.1An aircraft powered by a turbofan.
- The F - 117A is powered by two turbofan engines from General Electric.
- The Hawk 200 is powered by an Adour 871 twin-spool, low bypass ratio turbofan engine from Rolls-Royce.
- You can see that the core of a turbofan is a normal gas turbine engine like the one described in the previous section.
Definition of turbofan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan