- 1A jet engine in which the jet gases also operate a turbine-driven compressor for compressing the air drawn into the engine.More example sentences
- Rather than using a rotating compressor like a turbojet engine, the forward velocity and vehicle aerodynamic design compress air into the engine.
- Such turbine engines are also called jet engines and they embrace a family of products: turbojets, turbofans, and turboprops.
- It had four turbojet engines with afterburners, and was the first supersonic aircraft with engine pods mounted outboard on the wings.
- 1.1An aircraft powered by a turbojet.More example sentences
- With increasing danger from turbojet fighters, the US military began transitioning to primarily an all turbojet fleet of aircraft.
- The White Knight turbojet aircraft climbs over the Mojave desert with SpaceShipOne attached to its underbelly.
More definitions of turbojetDefinition of turbojet in:
- The British & World English dictionary