1A jet engine in which a turbine is used to drive a propeller.
- Its engines consist of four turboprops with contrarotating propellers located on the wings.
- This type of powerplant was ideal for lower performance aircraft that could substitute their piston engines for the turboprop.
- The combination of a proven airframe with a turboprop engine widely used in eastern Europe and Russia was perceived to be an attractive way to bring a new design to market relatively quickly.
1.1An aircraft powered by a turboprop.
- His program was an aircraft hangar, filled with almost every variety of primitive aircraft, from a turboprop trainer to a hang glider.
- In a turboprop aircraft, putting the props in the beta position creates an extraordinary speed brake.
- Buying a turboprop aircraft as a backup is ‘a possibility,’ according to Famin.
Definition of turboprop in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.